Turkeys, Toys and Time!
Wilkinson Center in Dallas, Texas, has some major fall projects this year and needs volunteers to make them happen. The center is looking for “Turkeys, Toys and Time” this year. Please consider donating a Thanksgiving basket to the Arcadia Park Adult Education site or toys to the annual toy distribution or volunteer your time at the food pantry.
To sign up to donate your turkeys, toys or time or help with a food drive, please contact:
The goal of the Wilkinson Center is to distribute 300 turkey baskets to students at Arcadia Park Annex this Thanksgiving.
What is in a Turkey Basket?
- Basket/Container for the food. Be festive and creative. Let the basket/container that holds the food reflect your holiday traditions. This is sharing your family with another family.
- Either a turkey or ham with all the sides (canned vegetables, canned cranberry, rolls and pie).
- Arcadia Park Distribution
November 16, 2016
12:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m.
Arcadia Park Annex
911 N. Morocco
Dallas, TX 75211
- Food Pantry DistributionsNovember 21 and November 22, 2016
1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
Wilkson Center Food Pantry
3402 N. Buckner Blvd. Suite, 302
Dallas, TX 75228
Each year Wilkinson Center provides toys to hundreds of children. Clients will shop for toys while children make crafts and volunteers wrap gifts. Please donate new, unwrapped toys to Wilkinson Center by December 12, 2016.
- Toy DistributionSaturday, December 17, 2016
Eastminster Presbyterian Church
6550 Samuell Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75228
Shift 1: 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Shift 2: 1:00 p.m-3:00 p.m.
Donate your time to Wilkinson Center food pantry. They are in need of volunteers to help clients shop for food in the pantry. Without volunteers, clients will have a longer wait time and the Center won’t have hands to stock shelves. Volunteers help make the experience at the pantry wonderful.
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. are the most urgent volunteer needs.
Help “Scare Away Hunger” during October 2016 with a food drive. Wilkinson Center is looking for canned meat, canned fruit and boxed Macaroni and Cheese.