Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Resources has a hospital-based coordinator who works with nurses within a faith community. They provide training, speakers, and a variety of other resources in order to equip local congregations in health ministries.
If you believe your faith community would benefit from a Faith Community nursing program, or if you would like more information, please contact:
Cassandra Graham, RN, BSN, MAO.
Also, you can always call or fax:
Methodist Hospital System
Methodist Health System’s Congregational Health Ministry may assist in the following ways:
- Assessing the mental, spiritual, and physical health needs of the congregation
- Creating programs for strengthening the membership’s role in the prevention of disease and illness
- Recognizing and supporting the close relationship between physical, emotional, and spiritual health
- Meeting the health and healing needs of individuals
For more information, contact:
Debbie Seider, MSN, RN
Parish Nurse DVDs – NTC Ministry Resource Center
- A Look At Parish Nursing (DVD) Jan. 2007. This ten-minute video was created by the IPNRC for churches considering parish nursing. This DVD features clergy, congregational members and parish nurses in an engaging format designed for use in and with church councils, health cabinets, or staff meetings. This will be available in the NTC Ministry Resource Center soon.
- The Spirit of Healing (DVD) Produced by Advocate Health Care Parish Nurse Ministry. This 11-minute film’s primary goal is to provide an intimate understanding of parish nursing, the specialty practice of Faith Community Nursing; explore the diversity of the nurse’s role, and to demonstrate the impact of a parish nurse ministry on healing and faith. This DVD has been carefully developed as an educational resource for nurses, clergy, health care systems, and faith communities.