Global Health Ministries
In the Global Health area, the North Texas Conference is focusing on these areas:
- Abundant Health: Our Promise to Children, a new primary global health initiative set forth during The United Methodist General Conference 2016, will focus on four core areas impacting the health of children throughout the world.
- Act as a resource to those interested in Parish Nursing. We have videos on this subject and can help churches interested in this ministry.
- Congregational Health Ministry. Some churches in our conference are offering health ministries. We are compiling a list of them and will soon be lifting up those who we feel are examples of best practices.
- Highlighting HIV/AIDS and encouraging information and education on this subject.
- Disability and deaf ministry. We have a task force on this subject who can help you to reach out to those with special needs. We also have a large resource guide with lists of churches and how they are already working in this area.
- Mission Trips with a health focus. We encourage domestic and international medical missions to serve others. We highly suggest that North Texas Conference medical volunteers work through Health Care Volunteers (HCV). HCV is a national organization related to the United Methodist Volunteers In Mission (UMVIM) and the Mission Volunteers Program Area of the General Board of Global Ministries. To learn more about them, click on this link HCV.